Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Collection

I like to read book. And I like to collect books as well. But I not understand why books are so expensive, even though government encourage citizen to read more. They should give more allowance to people that buy books mah. Tax exemptions is not enough la!!

My reading habit started before I was in school. I like to read my brother biology text book that time. I can't understand all, but the picture and figure attracted me. During primary school, besides comic, Wesley's series  (卫斯理) is my favourite. It have around 150 books in total and I read them all. Just the recent few publishes are not my cup of tea. May be the author (倪匡) style change after he migrant to US. I have all his series in pdf form. (Too many of his publish le, can't afford to buy them all).

Some western and eastern classic collection.
 For local author, I like 欧阳林 novel. It's just some funny stories of a general doctor works in Taiwan. But I didn't see any recent publish by him.

My 欧阳林 collection
Detective story is my favourite now. Have all Sherlock Holmes series. And I think of buying all Agatha Christie in future. Ya, not forget about 赤川次郎,my favourite Japan detective story author. His humor style of writing catch my heart. I like he use cat as main character in his story! But his book is quite difficult to find in book store now.

  
Agatha Christie + other detective novel
Sherlock Holmes + 赤川次郎 + games books

Normally I prefer read in Chinese. For me, it's faster and easier to understand. But I read also English novel. The whole Harry Potter series I read in English, and kite runner recommended by my friend. Next target, Lord of the Ring trilogy.

This some books for self-improvement 
My 1st Japanese book. Very cheap compare to Chinese or English book. Only RM6!! (Haha, haven't start read yet)
Just bought it last week. Fully color with hard cover. RM 30 only!
Reading can really improve our knowledge. But it is sad that less and less people prefer reading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment